Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen

100K total page views!  wow!  Most of you are probably like... "meh~ what took you so long?" oh well, the number still mean something special to me.  :)  Anyways, 2 more posts and I am done with NYC.  I know I am moving in a snail pace but at least I am moving.  Let me know if you prefer (1) fix the damn broken links from my past popular posts or (2) start writing the wonderful food adventures I had to date in 2014.

Kung Fu was almost brand new and a surprise favorite for this trip.  In fact, I liked it so much I did a real-time review on Yelp!  Hopefully they are still doing well 6 months since their opening :)  This little place has a lot of potential and is definitely better than Joe Shanghai in my opinion.

P1520480

However, you are probably gonna be disappointed if you are expecting to find Japanese ramen at this joint.  This is a Chinese restaurant.  They probably would do themselves more justice if they would just cut the word "ramen" off from their restaurant name.  Come for the little steamed buns.  They are heavenly.

P1520491
Since there were only the two of us (and mom doesn't eat much), we didn't order much.
Yet, we kept drooling over our neighbors' food!
P1520482
Scallion Pancake with Sliced Beef 
P1520485
P1520488
Kungfu Steamed Pork Buns

The wrappings were thin and the filling was just right without too much fat.
P1520490
Shepards Purse Pork Vegetable Wonton

My mom had the wits and asked for some sesame oil.
The flavor was further accented with the oil and tastes even better to us!

Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen
811 8th Ave New York, NY 10019
b/t 50th St & 48th St
Tel: +1 (917) 388-2555
Hours: (Mon-Sun) 11:00 am ~ 11:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...