Monday, April 28, 2014

Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless

If you have ever passed by Terminal 1 of Chicago O'Hare Airport, you probably have passed by this eatery by Rick Bayless.  I have heard a lot of good things about Chef Bayless' restaurants so I decided to give it a try on my way to NYC.

P1500294

The menu looked promising...


P1500290
P1500292
P1500288
P1500289

Unfortunately, I have to say I was disappointed.  Perhaps I didn't order the right thing?  (I read later the guacamole is what people come for... It was pricey @ USD$6.25 for a small cup but the ingredients looked fresh...)  

So why was I not impressed?  Here's what I ordered: Chipotle Chicken Tortas & the Classic Tortilla Soup

Well, the tortas was alright but the soup... oh dear... it's watery and disgusting...  Other than a few pieces of guacamole, it's just water with chili oil... Seriously... yuck!  I could not finish this... The tortilla soup I had in the Philippines was light years better...


P1500299
P1500300
CLASSIC TORTILLA SOUP
rich chicken broth, pasilla chile, avocado,  Chihuahua cheese, crispy tortilla strips, lime
P1500301
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
poblano rajas, black beans, Chihuahua  cheese, cilantro crema, avocado, arugula

Finally, the peacan brownie... there is nothing special about it...


P1500296
Chocolate Pecan Pie Bar

Maybe it's little extreme... but honestly, I found Sausage McMuffin from Mickey D's next door way more satisfying...

Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless
Tortas Frontera at O’Hare Airport - Terminal 1, B11 - Terminal 3, K4 - Terminal 5, M12
Hours: Monday - Sunday 6:00 am - 10:00 pm

Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...