Monday, April 26, 2010

Hot Wings

It is so cold and gloomy this weekend... I didn't feel like doing anything at all... but laying in bed all day is not going to make my tummy satisfy... My brother suggests I eat some crackers or chips if I am so lazy to cook... well... I haven't sink that low yet...


I finally decide to go groceries shopping and I was craving for some fried stuff... hot wings in particular... so here we go... it is so spicy that my tongue started dancing... They sure did wake me up :P

Ingredients:
4 whole wings
Salt and pepper
Corn starch
Your favorite wing sauce

Directions:
1.  Separate the wings by tips and drumsticks.  Debone the drumsticks.  (This is optional.  For some reason, I just don't like drumsticks but I will eat them if they are deboned... not the wings though, I like my wings intact!  I know, it's weird.)
2.  Wipe the wings dry with a kitchen towel.  (You don't want the oil to splash on you when you fry them.)
3.  Season with salt and pepper (and whatever else you feel like).
4.  Heat oil.  Use small sauce pan and fry in small batches.  You don't need a lot of oil.
5.  While waiting for oil to heat up, coat the wings with corn starch.  (A thin layer will do.)
6.  Once the oil is hot enough, fry the wings for 3-5 mins each side.
7.  When the wings are done, put the wings on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
8.  Coat your wings in your favorite wing sauce.  Enjoy!

Alternatives:
If you don't like wing sauce, use more salt and pepper when you season (and garlic powder if you wish).  Squeeze fresh lemon juice on your wings, just as tasty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...