Saturday, May 22, 2010

Breakfast This Morning

So a while back, I bought a packet of the Korean pancake mix (?) without knowing a word it says on the instructions... (I don't even know what it is...) but since I love Korean food and I was feeling adventurous, I just bought it...

Finally I decide to make it last night for dinner but I soon found out they were sweet and I really don't like sweet things as my main meal... so I opted for ramen noodles instead... anyways, they became my breakfast this morning (and many more mornings to come...)


They are actually really easy to make and delicious... and for those of you like me, who can't read Korean... Here's what I think the instruction says...

1.  In a big bowl, combine the yeast and the flour pouch with 1 and 1/8 cup of warm water.
2.  Knead the dough, cover with a plastic wrap, and let it sit for 30 minutes (or until the dough double in size)
3.  Separate into small pieces of dough, spoon the sugary powder into the dough (like how you would make dumplings)
4.  Flatten #3 into the shape of a pancake and cook over medium heat on a small skillet.  2-3 minutes on each side is what I did.

Note:
I tried adding a little bit of the sugary stuff on some and more on the others... it taste almost like molasses and there are some chopped almonds in them... since I don't like things that are too sweet, I like those that I only put a little bit in... (about 1/2 tbsp)  Obviously, it is going to be different for you based on your taste...

Storage:
The whole packet makes about 20 small pancakse... I eat about 3 any given time so storage is a big deal since I didn't cook all of them at once (freshly cooked ones taste better, always!).  What I did is I lightly dust them in flour and line them on a plastic film on a plate and stack it like that each layer so they won't stick together... so far it seems to be working... I probably would freeze them if I can't finish all of them by tomorrow... we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...