Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oyako-don

While I was thinking what's for dinner tonight with my limited options (aka chicken + coughing), I brain-stormed with a friend and this is what I ended up making - fast and yum! 

I didn't really follow the recipe, just because, but this is what Google found and I just throw it here... 


Ingredients:
4 cup steamed rice (didn'tmeasure - I just cooked 2 cups)
3/4 lb chicken thighs or chicken breasts  (8 de-boned drumsticks)
1 onion (2 small onions)
1 2/3 cups soup stock (dashi) (1 tbsp concentrated udon stock)
7 tbsp soy sauce (just eyeballed and added a bit)
4 tbsp mirin (didn't measure really...)
3 tbsp sugar (didn't put any because the soy sauce i use is already sweeten)
4 eggs (3 large eggs)
(I added a little water too)

Preparation:
Cook steamed rice. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and thinly slice onion. Put dashi soup stock in a pan and heat. Add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in the soup. Put chicken in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few minutes. Add onion slices to the pan and simmer for a few more minutes. Beat eggs in a bowl (don't beat too much though). Bring the soup to a boil, then pour the eggs over chicken and onion  (I like my eggs runny so I usually don't cook too long). Turn the heat down to low and put on a lid. After one minute, turn off the heat. To serve, first put steamed rice in a deep bowl, then place the chicken and egg on top of the rice. (pretty much the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...