Monday, August 2, 2010

Very Simple Spaghetti

After helping my friend pack yesterday, the nightmare of packing came to haunt me... so I decided to jump start my personal summer clearance event... after a day and a half's hard work... I threw away bags of trash and have bags of stuff ready for my local Goodwill/Salvation Army.  (Although I am actually not ready to part with some of the items, I made up my mind to donate them since it's not like things I actually touch on a regular basis... e.g. dolls...)


Didn't have time for anything fancy but I am craving some serious home cooking... been eating out almost every meal for the last month and a half... (hence, the lack of update...) so for a change, I actually made spaghetti... (You would know by now I normally cook Chinese)  

I am by no means a regular cook on italian food nor I claim to be good at it... I just created this in my head but kept it really simple... (Alicia's words ringing in my ears loud and clear)  it actually turned out well... and it's so fast and easy to make... so I thought I would share...

Ingredients:
1 medium tomato - diced

10 mushrooms (white buttons) - quartered

4-5 cloves of garlic - chopped
10 leaves of fresh basil (straight from my balcony too!) - thinly sliced
dash of oregano (used dried coz I don't have fresh ones)

spaghetti enough for me

Directions:
1.  Heat some olive oil (don't overheat it - I heard you destroy the nutrients in it if you do). 
2.  Add the garlic and oregano.  Stir occasionally and let the aroma come out.
3.  Add tomatoes and mushrooms.  Stir occasionally until the tomatoes becomes soft.
4.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  (I added a tiny bit of sugar just to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes more.)
5.  Add basil and turn off heat.
6.  Combine the spaghetti into the sauce.  Enjoy!! (I have a separate pot going on for the spaghetti while I was making the sauce... efficiency, baby!!  I also ran the spaghetti under running cold water for added chewiness.  You don't need me to tell you how to make spaghetti, right?)

(optional)
7.  I thought about chilling the sauce and make this a more summer-friendly dish... but I was just too hungry!!  But be my guest to serve it chilled.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...