Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ichigo Daifuku

One of the many benefits of not watching TV is that you have more time to pursue your hobbies and tonight, I present to you - Ichigo Daifuku (originally I just want to make green tea azuki bean daifuku but since I got fresh strawberries in the fridge so I tell myself, why not?)  At the risk of insomnia, I brewed a fresh pot of green tea at 11 p.m. and enjoyed my freshly made daifuku - that's bliss right there my friend :)



Ingredients:

Green Tea Daifuku
A. Mix glutinous rice flour 150g, mochi powder 100g (you can use all glutenous rice flour if you want), green tea powder 15g (optional), sugar 85g, water 300ml or 4/3 cup water.  Steam for 30 minutes over high heat.
B.  Powdered sugar 1 tbsp, glutinous rice flour 2 tbsp  (basically a 1:2 ratio).  Microwave 2 minutes (more if you have more powder).

(There are many different versions out on the Internet, which can be easier than this, for instance (sorry, it's in Chinese), but the above is what I did for this particular recipe.)

Adzuki Red Bean
1. Red bean 250g, soak in 3x the water overnight, add water to a large pot and slow cook for 30 minutes.
2. Add red sugar 150g, drain after sugar is dissolved

(There is another recipe I used which is better... it's in Chinese, i will post the English version some other time

Fresh Strawberries

Assembly:

1. Use a spoon, scoop a small piece of wrapping and roll over the dusting.  Flatten (with your hands, dough roller, whatever you have).
2. Put a small flatten azuki bean paste on the wrapping, and put a strawberry on top.
3. Close the wrapping, gently roll in your palms, try to squeeze out any air bubbles in the daifuku.
4. Roll on dusting generously until the daifuku is covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...