Friday, October 5, 2012

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

Every cloud has a silver lining
As some of you know, I took some time off last year from work to figure out what to do with my life.  Time flies, it's been a little over a year since.  In the end, I opted for a path that will allow me to stay closer to my parents and friends.  Of course, every decision has a price and if you ask me right now, my price is my career.

I always believe in the proverb "every cloud has a silver lining" (塞翁失馬,焉知非福).  God always has the best intentions for me and He knows best. 

My current job may not make me a VP in a multinational corporation or make me a b/millionaire but I no longer work overtime, my chronicle headaches are gone, and I get to have a social life again.  Also, when I take time-off now, I don't need to fly home to see my parents.  I can actually go somewhere.

Honestly, I don't think 40 years from now I would look back and said "Damn, I wish I worked more overtime."  or "Damn, I wish I spent less time with my family and friends."

Thus, if you are at a point where you are considering your options, I leave you with this:

1. Will my decision negatively impact anyone I love?
2. Am I going to regret my decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...