Monday, January 7, 2019

How to Make Pandan Leaf Extract

Boxed coconut milk was on sale at my local supermarket the other day so I went to the market and bought some fresh pandan leaves to make cake.  The store owner asked what I am going to make with the leaves and I told him - Pandan Chiffon Cakes!  He gave me a look of disbelief.  Maybe I should treat him a slice.  LOL! 
 

In order to make Pandan Chiffon Cakes from fresh Pandan leaves, you will need to make pandan leaf extract.  It's super quick and easy.  All you need is a blender, a pair of scissors, and a cheesecloth.
 
Without further ado, here's the quick and easy recipe:

50g fresh pandan leaves
250ml water (I will probably reduce the water to 1:3 or 1:4 next time for a stronger extract)
 
1. Wash you pandan leaves


2. Cut them into strips. 


3. Add the pandan strips and water into your blender.  Blend till the pandan leaves become a mulch.


4. Strain the juice and put the mulch into your cheesecloth, squeeze out all liquids.


Besides chiffon cake, you can also use the extract to make other SE Asian desserts, e.g. kueh lapis, kuih bika ambon, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...