Saturday, November 23, 2013

[Taipei] Mánzhe Diē #3 (瞞著爹3店)

The name of the restaurant itself has a back story.  The son wanted to open up restaurant but because us Asians don't view "chef" as a glamorous job for the most part, he had to "not tell" his dad about it.  His restaurants became very successful now (the owner has opened up 4 shops to date) so I guess there is not a need to "not tell" the dad anymore?  Like I always say, if you have a passion in something, go do it.  If you love what you do, it will not feel like work even a day in your life!

P1460946

This was one of the restaurants I keep seeing on many Taipei foodies' blog when I was planning for my trip.  I tried shop #3 first as a teaser - just to see what's the hype is all about before I splurge on the more expensive shop #1.   Shop #3 specializes in reasonably priced chirashi.  Since I was so impressed by the food here, I made a reservation at shop #1 and went there the week immediately.  (See my blogpost here!)  Both restaurants are on the alley just behind the Breeze Center (微風廣場).

P1460947
When in doubt, look for the hungry crowd.

The restaurant was actually bigger than expected and the table turns at a reasonable pace.  However, always come early if you want to avoid the crowd!

P1460937
P1460938
They have seating on the second floor as well.
P1460940

Although the place only serves chirashi, their menu is quite large.  I tried the , which is quite uncommon at other similar type restaurants I have been to and was very impressed by the freshness and the taste of my rice bowl! 

P1460939
part of the menu...

You actually order and paid before you are seated outside the restaurant.
P1460941
Halibut Fin Rice Bowl
比目魚鰭邊肉蓋飯
P1460942

Again, I am very impressed by the food and I will definitely recommend it to anyone who will be going to Taipei!

Mánzhe Diē #3 (瞞著爹3店)
台北市大安區八德路二段346巷9弄17號
Tel: +886 02-2751-7345
Hours: (Tuesday ~ Sunday) 11:30 ~ 15:00; 18:00~21:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...