Friday, November 8, 2013

School Food

I saw School Food got on the #1 spot on Open Rice today and I know I can delay no more on this post... otherwise, what is the point?

Untitled

This summer, just as I was on my way to Hysan Place to meet up with a friend, I saw the flyer advertising about School Food and have wanted to try it since.  Finally had the chance to visit in September and I am glad the food did not disappoint! 

Untitled
Untitled
As it was a little too early for beer, I settled for ice lemon tea instead.
But then I thought, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!  I am so getting a beer next time.
Untitled
Squik Ink Mari (烏卒卒)

A crowd favorite!  Wanted to try the other maki next time too!
Untitled
School Naengmyeon (水冷麵)
Untitled
Chicken Gangjeong Green Onion Salad (脆雞伴大蔥沙律)

My favorite!
Untitled
Street Toppoki (地獄辣醬炒年糕)

I am so getting the melted cheese or the carbonara toppoki next time.

Although there are plenty of delectable dishes, my favorite is definitely the Korean Fried Chicken!  I would skip the spicy rice cakes... it was only spicy for the sake of spicy and I didn't find it delicious at all... there is a fine line between spicy delicious food and just spicy food...

School Food is not terribly expensive, which makes it a good choice in the area.  I can see myself going back there again soon!

School Food
Unit 1302, 13/F, Times Square, 1 Matheson St, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
銅鑼灣勿地臣街1號時代廣場13樓1302號舖
Tel: +852 2480 3666
Hours: Mon - Sun: 12:00 ~ 23:00 (last order: 22:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...