Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Addiction Aquatic Development (上引水產)

Came here with high expectations since my friends raved about it in their last trip to Taipei.  I think this is the problem with me.  I am always disappointed when I go to a place with high expectations and this is unfortunately no exception...

P1470006
I want this - grilled to perfection!
But I wouldn't be able to finish the whole thing - so it got to live another day...

This place is not close to any MRT station so take a taxi.  Taxi is pretty cheap  in Taipei anyways.  The place is huge and definitely got me (and my camera) excited.

P1470011
yum~~~
P1470049
Prices are very reasonable here
P1470052
Everything sure looks very tempting!
P1470013
P1470050
Gillardeau!

The sushi area is what was described as "立吞", meaning you eat while standing.  This is said to create a more casual environment (and probably a faster turnaround time for the tables).  All the pictures I saw online about this place is amazing so presentation and ambiance is a 10 here.

P1470016
Your entire party must be present in order to be seated.
Since I was alone, I got seated right away :)
P1470018
I guess it's a great place for people watching
P1470019
P1470017
the menu is quite extensive

When my food arrived, I was annoyed by the fact that they brought me ALL MY FOOD at once!  Since there is limited space, this proved to be quite inconvenient since I ordered different variety because I wanted to try everything.  And then the sushi was sorely disappointing... the fish wasn't the freshest and the sushi rice tasted just like normal rice (not sour enough for my taste)... so it's a strikeout for me...  (The Japanese tourists who were eating next to me shared the same sentiments... they couldn't even finish their food...)

P1470022
The miso soup was surprisingly good.
I guess it's super sweet because of all the fish they added to the stock.
Thumbs up!
IMG_5370
The Canadian uni is fresh and I like Japanese yam so this dish is a win for me.
Glad I ordered 2 but this was not what I was originally expecting...
P1470028
The deluxe sushi set
Again, presentation scored an A+
However, there were things very wrong here...
1. not all the fish were super fresh
2. the sushi rice is not sour enough for my taste
3. the seaweed is not crispy!!!
Sorry but this is a strikeout for me :/
P1470029
It looked so good in pictures so I am so disappointed...
P1470031
P1470032
P1470038
My oysters was brought to me after the sushi... seriously?
Does it occur to anyone that the oysters are my appetizers?
Oysters are fresh and yummy but the lack of attention to detail was a turn off.
This is precisely why Japanese restaurants in Japan are still superior.
The Japanese's attention to detail is impeccable!

I really want to like this place as the interior design is really nice.  But as my co-worker put it... "you go to the restaurant for the food..."

P1470015
There is a grocery area where you could pick up some produce too!
P1470054
P1470041
There is another area where they sell the cute home & kitchen stuff.
P1470044
I missed my tetsubin!!!
Must bring it back when I go to Chicago next month!
P1470047
P1470043
They even have an area for wine tasting!!!

I may give it another try in the future but there are so many places I can go in Taipei this is unlikely to be on my return list...  Very disappointed for sure!  It's really a shame, really!

Addiction Aquatic Development (上引水產)
No.18, Aly. 2, Ln. 410, Minzu E. Rd., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City.
台北市民族東路410巷2弄18號
Tel: +886-2-2508-1268
Fax: +886-2-2508-0268
Hours: 06:00 am to 24:00 am
Cash only!  First come, first serve.  (Except at the hot pot and grill area.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...