Thursday, October 21, 2010
Sweet & Sour Pork
Sauce (courtesy of Emily - best and easiest sauce ever): 5 tbsp water, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp corn starch, 1.5 tbsp ketchup. If you add lemon juice instead of ketchup, you get lemon chicken sauce. If you add Siracha instead, you get a spicy sauce.
1. Cut pork into cubes, season with oil, sugar, soy sauce, pepper, and cooking wine.
2. Roll pork into egg wash, then into corn starch, deep fried in work until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
3. Cut green bell peppers and pineapples into bite size
4. Heat sauce in wok, add #2 & #3 when sauce was brought to a boil.
5. Coat all ingredients in sauce. Serve when green peppers are cooked.