Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Inner Palace: Zhen Huan Biography (后宮 甄嬛傳)

Some of you might wonder how come there are so many blog posts lately (or finally)...

Well, I finished watching the super popular Chinese drama series Inner Palace: Zhen Huan Biography “后宮 甄嬛傳” and finally have time to catch up on the blog posts I planned...  I don't watch TV drama much so this 76-episodes marathon is an achievement for me...  I thoroughly enjoyed this series and even suffered a withdrawal after watching the final episode...  It was so popular that rumors said the English rights was sold to the US...


For a quick synopsis of the drama series, click here!

The story line is your typical Chinese court drama but I have no idea how they are going to translate the show into English.  Most of the dialogue contains traditional Chinese court titles, phrases and poems!  You need to have a high level of understanding of  Chinese culture and history before you can appreciate the show.

Whoever is working on the translation is going to need to stock up on Tylenol if the rumor is true!!!  Below is a video of how the show would be like if it is in English.  I have the say, the video is super funny and kinda summarized the scene.  However, the hidden satire is completely lost in translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...