Monday, March 18, 2013

Kui Kee Seafood Restaurant (駒記海鮮大排檔)

Finally a meal in this food marathon where I don't feel like a waste of my precious stomach space...  The quality is pretty average, as in "I don't need to come all the way to Hong Kong for this".  It's good if you are in the area and have nothing better to eat but it's not a place I would make a trip.  It's only a few blocks away from Time Square, which is pretty interesting.  What a drastic difference in just a two block radius!

Untitled



Untitled
Picture menu with both Chinese and English names - tourist spot!  lol!!!
Untitled
I wonder what is the local:tourist ratio here :P
Untitled
ok... Asahi?  now that's new...
I am used to having  Tsingtao as my only option at this type of restaurant :)
At this point of the food marathon, my friend and I are already experiencing food stagnation... (my friend had to buy stomach medicine from a local drugstore)  Good thing my friend listened to our "suggestion" to go easy on the order this time...

Untitled
Boiled Snails (白烚花螺)

good size, fresh, and tasty
Untitled
Spicy Sauteed Crab (避風塘炒蟹)

A signature dish of Hong Kong styled cuisine.  It's spicy and garlicky.
However, it doesn't look much different from the below dish.
Untitled
Pepper Mantis Shrimp (椒鹽瀨尿蝦)

It's good but the seasoning is exactly the same as the crab dish.
(They were supposed to be different.)
I also prefer the smaller mantis shrimp.  This type of mantis shrimp is more expensive.
Untitled
Crispy Chicken (風沙雞)

Not my favorite.  The skin wasn't crispy and the meat wasn't tender.
It was also too salty.
Untitled
Sweet & Sour Pork (生炒骨)

This one is good.
Untitled
Garlic & Broccoli

I like this because the broccoli is still crunchy.
(if you prefer your broccoli soft, you may not like this...)
Untitled
Stir-fry Vermicelli

Too salty for me...  not memorable...

In my opinion, this place is pretty pricey for what it is (around HKD$250 per person, 6 people).  I know it's next to Times Square and the price is pretty standard for a seafood restaurant in Hong Kong, etc.  Nevertheless, I am going to satisfy my "dai pai dong" cravings in Macau going forward.

Kui Kee Seafood Restaurant (駒記海鮮大排檔)
G/F, Shop B, Bowring Road, Wan Chai
灣仔寶靈頓道16號地下B
Tel: +852 2838 8998
Hours: 17:00- 03:00

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with the restaurant and I paid for my own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...