Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Saboten (勝博殿)

A friend of mine recommended this place to me a long time ago and I finally had a chance to give it a try.  Saboten has been around since 1966 and focus on serving the best tonkatsu.  It is now one of the largest Tonkatsu chains with over 500 shops in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada, China and the Philippines.


Untitled


I was hoping I can finally find something that would remind me of Takkatsu.  Takkatsu was my favorite katsu restaurant in the US.  Unfortunately, they closed a few years ago and I have yet to find a katsu restaurant to satisfy my cravings...

Untitled
Untitled
The condiments corner
Untitled
Pickled vegetables
Untitled
Shredded Cabbage - unlimited refills!!!
it tastes so good with the ponzu sauce / sesame sauce
Untitled
I wanted to get a mortar bowl like this for myself
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Miso Katsu Tenderloin Set
Untitled
Saboten Special Set
Untitled
Saboten Summer Special Set


I had the Saboten Summer Special set and I enjoyed the shrimp a lot!  It was huge and juicy!  However, I still missed the black pork katsu offered at Takkatsu the most... I guess my search will continue...  O Takkatsu, where did you go???

Lower Ground Floor Henry House
42 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2895 4111
Hours: 12:00pm ~ 3:30pm; 6:00pm ~ 11:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...