Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekend Getaway: Hong Kong (May 2013)

A friend came to visit in May and we spent a weekend in Hong Kong together.  We had a great time and I was able to do some touristy things too :)  Here's a quick run down on our itinerary for Saturday.

We went to Harbor City at Tsim Sha Tsui and saw the duck.  My friend almost didn't believe me when I said there will be a crowd.  (The crowd is always unbelievable when there is an exhibition :/)

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
There is a sign that clearly says "no climbing" -.-|||
Untitled
Where did all these people come from!?
Untitled
I want my very own "Team Goddess" shirt too!

Since my friends wanted dim sum for lunch, we went to House of Jasmine (八月居).  Food was good there but the tea is the star of the meal.  We ordered the chamomile tea and my friend enjoyed it so much she asked if the tea can be sold separate!  (Too bad it wasn't.)

Untitled
delicious Chamomile tea
Untitled
Pan-fried Water Chestnut Cakes
Untitled
Per request by my friend: Chicken Feet
She can't find it at her local dim sum restaurant!

We went back to the hotel for a break and refreshment was provided.  To my surprise, there was even a bottle of wine!  No more going out to LKF is required now~

Untitled
One thing I missed about my traveling job... hotel points!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Since the Peak Tram is located at a walkable distance from the hotel, we walked to the tram station, passing by the Hong Kong Park (香港公園) along the way.  The park is gorgeous and such a nice change of scenery from the concrete jungle in Central!

P1390058
P1390063
P1390072
P1390077

Whether it is due to the weekend or what not, the crowds were depressing at the Peak Tram Station.  We almost thought of giving up... yet, we couldn't think of what we wanted to do otherwise so we stand strong.  (The twilight hours are the best time to go to the Peak anyways.)  Waiting in line with friends didn't end up too bad since we had so much to catch up.  Time flies and an hour and forty minutes later, it's our turn to board the tram!

P1390082
Untitled
P1390086
P1390088
P1390090

Learnt from my last experience (this was actually my second time to go to the Peak), I told my friend we must get the seats on the right hand side of the tram.  With quiet determination, we got our ideal seats (and we didn't even do anything that will raise any eyebrows).

P1390094
P1390097
P1390104
P1390105
P1390180
Untitled

The hardest part is to actually get a clear coast at the observation deck to take pictures.  Like I said, the twilight is the best time to come and people of like minds all flocked together.  It took a while before I could find a spot between people to get my shots.  Compared to the malfunctioned camera and non-stop wind and rain last time, I considered myself was really lucky this time around.

P1390142
P1390156
P1390165
P1390176

After we took enough pictures at the peak, we had a quick and simple supper at Tsui Wah (翠華).  My friend was delighted to find her "milk tea x coffee" (鴛鴦) here while I introduced her to the popular Butter and Condense Milk on an Open Faced Baguette (奶油豬).

Untitled
Untitled

We took the night easy - just chilled, talked, (found out some good news about a mutual friend) and drank the wine~  Life is good!  We spent the whole day in Lantau Island on Sunday and since it's quite a long post, I made it into a separate post.  Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...