Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chasing Sakura - Japan (6) - Kanazawa: 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art (21世紀美術館)

Because of the weather, the hostel staff recommended us to visit the indoor attractions, one of which is the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art (21世紀美術館).

Untitled

We ended up splitting as one of my friends want to visit a local coffee shop instead.  (She also wants to get a manicure and visit a Japanese hair stylist...)  I am delighted by this arrangement as the worst thing that can ever happen when traveling with friends is when you feel obliged to do everything together.  People become friends because they share something in common.  However, very few people have friends that are an exact dupe of themselves.  I am extremely grateful to have friends that understands this who don't mind venturing out alone and letting me venture out on my own.  (I would rather travel alone if my other option is to be bound in a pack...)

Untitled

The museum is a circular structure with two-stories.  Admission to the general exhibition is free.  There isn't any special exhibit that we felt particular with so we passed on those.  The pool (one of the main attractions) is closed due to the rain.  We were only able to see it up close towards the end when the rain temporarily stopped.

Untitled
closed due to rain :(
Untitled
This is how it was supposed to be...
(Picture from the museum's website)

The circular design is clever as it ensures nobody misses miss a spot.  I wanted to visit the D.T. Suzuki Museum too but we ran out of time.

Untitled
Untitled
I would love to do something like this.  I heard it's very stress relieving!
I've always wanted to do this!!!
So sad it was closed >.<
Untitled

After touring the museum, we enjoyed some cake and coffee / tea at the cafe.  I love the modern and clean design of the cafe.  The cakes taste as good as they look too!

cute cafe
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
The plate is specially designed to accompany the dessert!
It was sold out that day :(
Untitled
Strawberry Shortcake and Hot Coffee
Untitled
Mont Blanc and Ice Coffee
mont blanc and strawberry shortcake

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...