Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Yakitori Ichiban (一番 金沢駅前店)

Due to the spring storm, we didn't feel like venturing out too far for dinner.  Luckily, there were quite a few restaurants nearby and we settled for the one closest to the hostel.  (It's literally 10 steps away!)


Untitled

Instead of ordering from the menu, we ordered the 30 skewers set and it was an "omakase" (chef picks for you).  I forgot how much the set was exactly but it was a good deal.  I guess since we were all tourists the chef picked the "safer" things for us to try.  During the meal, we started asking for the more "adventurous" stuff... hehe~


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
chicken liver and chicken gizzard
Untitled
chicken meatballs
Untitled
chicken wings
Untitled
pork belly
Untitled
squid tenacles
Untitled
chicken cartilage
Untitled
Eggs - not your typical eggs, these were eggs that were not laid!!!

I was not a fan.  My friends like them.  It was too adventurous for me... lol
Untitled
Edamame

Beer without edamame is like burgers without fries!
Untitled
Porridge (雜炊)

My personal favorite.  I always order this when I see it on the menu.
It's like ordering a tamago sushi when I go to a sushi restaurant.
This one is particularly good too.

Yakitori Ichiban (一番 金沢駅前店)
2-1 Rokumaimachi, Kanazawa
石川県金沢市六枚町2-1
Tel: 076-221-1194
Hours: 17:00 - 2:00 (last order 1:00)

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the restaurant and I paid for my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...