Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chasing Sakura - Japan (3) - Kyoto: Kiyomizu Temple: Special Night Viewing

I made it a point to come here for the special night viewing at Kiyomizu Temple during this trip.  I have heard great things about it and can't wait to see it for myself.  It did not disappoint and I strongly recommend anyone who is visiting Kyoto during those dates to come here as well.

Untitled

We came around 6:30 pm, when the sun begins to set.  To me, it's the best time as you can witness the twilight and the night view.  I especially love the temple at twilight.  The colors are amazing.  (We were lucky the weather is great with clear skies.)  There is a crowd but the order is good.  No uncivilized action such as pushing or cutting lines.

Untitled
Untitled

Don't forget to check out this beautiful sakura tree by the entrance.  Among all the different species of sakura trees, the weeping cherry (枝垂れ桜is my favorite.  (Did you know there are different types of sakura trees?  Which one is your favorite?  Click here to find out!)

another one of my favorite sakura trees this trip.
Untitled

I love the red and the violet blue in the pictures below.  Twilight is short so seize the moment and take lots of pictures!

Untitled
woot!!!  here we go~~~
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The night view is awesome.  I think they did a fantastic job with the lighting.  Next time I want to visit the Shoren-in temple (青蓮院) at night.  Are there any other place you would recommend?

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I always knew these tress would look amazing with the right lighting.
Untitled
We thought about having our dinner here but changed our mind. 
our friend wanted to try the tofu.  Maybe next time.
Untitled
Untitled
The special night showing is definitely a must-see.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

If you want further information on visiting Kiyomizu Temple, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...